Architectural Technician / Graduate
Sorted Architecture is an award-winning practice, based in the heart of Wanaka with an exciting opportunity for an experienced technician to join our team.
If you have a thorough understanding of the NZ building code, standards and construction practices and have a detailed, methodical approach to your work, this could be the position for you.
At Sorted Architecture, we like to foster a supportive professional environment and can provide ample opportunity for career development to the right applicant. As we are a busy practice, it is also important that you are confident in using your own initiative to complete tasks.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant NZCAD qualifications and/or a BArch degree
- A minimum of 3+ years of architectural experience in New Zealand.
- Advanced knowledge of ArchiCAD and BIM modelling experience is a prerequisite.
- A proven ability to produce accurate detailed drawings within deadlines.
- An in-depth understanding of New Zealand building code, standards, industry best practices and sound knowledge of general residential construction.
- Design experience is beneficial.
You’ll be confident and motivated with the ability to work unsupervised.
Effective communication skills are essential as you will be required to communicate with our team, councils, engineers, subcontractors and clients. Effective time management and determination to meet deadlines is a must.
However, we also understand that life isn’t all about work! We are a flexible employer that values work/life balance so you’ll be able to take full advantage of Lake Wanaka, the ski fields, bike tracks and amazing weather on your doorstep!
If you think you are a good fit to become Sorted Architecture’s next Technician, please apply with a cover letter and CV via the form below.
Following initial screening, a portfolio of your work may be requested so, please have this available.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.